I hope you've all been well! I feel like it's been too long. My life is not my own anymore but I promise I'm working on better managing it.
This is just a quick post sharing a few beauty tips and tricks that I have picked up along the way. It's not a prescription by any means, this is just what works for me :)
- Get the most of your mascara (especially ones that are a few weeks old) by running the wand under warm running water before dippping it into the tube. The warmth seperates the product and prevents clumping. This trick keeps my mascara going a few extra weeks.
- Create the perfect lipstick application by using a lip brush and cleaning up any strays with a cotton bud
- Apply your eyeshadow before foundation to prevent any fall out from ruining your makeup
- Make your own lipscrub with a combination of brown sugar and some drops of olive oil
- Blushes can serve as eyeshadows, work them double duty
- Moisturize your lips with balm for about 5 mins and then dab your lips on the back of your palm. This takes off enough of the product to prevent your lipstick from slipping and sliding.
- For a flawless finish, apply your foundation in a star-like pattern going from the centre of your nose to both sides and then up to your forehead and down to your chin. This movement follows the pattern in which your facial hairs grow.
- Apply concealer to problem spots with your ring finger. It applies just enough pressure to blend the product in whilst properly covering the spot
- If you've applied too much blusher, apply some transclucent powder to tone it down
- Mix your foundation with a bit of your moisturizer to make your own tinted moisturizer. This works on days when you are going for a lighter makeup look
- Use a mixture of lemon juice and water as a toner after you cleanse. This is great for the skin because it's natural and helps to fade dark spots after a period of time.
- Store your eye cream in the door of your fridge. The temperature there is perfect for the product making it soothe your eye area better.
- Don't shake nail polish bottles rigorously, this causes air bubbles on the surface of your nails when you use it. Instead roll the bottle in between your palms and the heat will loosen the product up
- For natural looking brows fill in your brows light handedly with a pencil. To darken, follow with a matte brown eyeshadow with an angled brow brush. This helps to soften the harsh lines of the pencil.
- Moisturise your hair at least three times a week with a water-based moisturiser like ORS Carrot Oil. Follow this with an oil such as Grapeseed or Extra Virgin Olive Oil to seal in the moisture. If you dont seal with an oil, your hair will lose the moisture therefore becoming dry and prone to breakage.
- Use scotch tape to guide you when creating a winged liner. Position the tape in the direction you want your liner to go and follow it
- Oil is a great eye makeup remover. Instead of spending money on store bought ones, use cotton wool and olive oil, baby oil or even good old vaseline
- Apply your moisturiser in patting motions or in an upward direction. Rubbing downwards may cause your skin to start sagging
- Coffee is great as a body scrub. Mix it with some olive oil and honey and you'll be in exfoliation heaven. The caffeine is also rumoured to help reduce the appearance of cellulite.
- Wear sunscreen everyday!
Peace and Love,