2013 is moving so fast, its scary but exciting all at the same time. I go on holiday in October, (whoop whoop) so September is my #EatClean #TrainDirty month. Need to get that *ahem* bikini-bod.
I'm the biggest fan of granola especially the yummy bars from Nature Valley. But like most things that are store-bought, there is a lot of processed sugar in it so I researched and found out that granola is one of the easiest things you can make! No, seriously...
What You Need
A lot of granola recipes call for unhealthy stuff such as sugar and vegetable oil but I made sure I kept my ingredients clean and all natural...
- 4 cups of rolled wholegrain oats (not instant or quick cook)
- 1/2 cup of coconut oil
- 1/2 cup of natural honey
- 1/2 cup of chopped almond nuts
- 1/2 cup of any seeds you like (I used pumpkin, sunflower and chia)
- 1/2 cup of raisins
- 1 tbsp of butterscotch essence
What to Do
- Heat oven to 170C or 350F
- Pour coconut oil and honey in a saucepan and let simmer on low heat
- Combine dry ingredients- oats, seeds and nuts
- Pour oil and honey mix over the dry ingredients and fold until thoroughly combined
- Add the butterscotch essence
- Line baking tray with baking sheet or foil paper, grease lightly
- Spread mix on the baking tray and place in oven for 30mins, stirring after 15mins to make sure its properly cooked through
- When your granola looks golden brown, it's just right
- Take out baking tray and add in your raisins
- Allow granola to cool (it becomes crunchy) and store in airtight container
- Serve with yoghurt and fruit or on it's on as a healthy snack
|Granola and Yoghurt makes for a healthy breakfast, lunch or dinner|
Trust me this stuff is so yummy, it will have you doing a little dance while you munch on it..I know I did :)
Let me know if you want more healthy eating related posts this month of September and I'll be happy to share.
Peace and Love,