There’s something about Christmas time that has me feeling very Martha Stewart-y. I am in the kitchen trying out my hands on all sorts of things and churning them out to the delight of friends and family.
A few days ago, a made these super yummy, super easy chocolate chip muffins using a recipe by Laura Vitale- my cooking icon. She’s seriously amazing guys, you should check out her website- www.laurainthekitchen.com, I have tried out so many of her wonderful recipes.
What you need
2 cups of Flour
1 Tbsp of Baking Powder
½ tsp of Salt
1/8 tsp of Ground Cinnamon
1 12 oz Bag of Milk Chocolate Chips
2/3 of a cup of Whole Milk
½ cup of Melted Unsalted Butter
2 Tbsp of Sour Cream
½ tsp of Vanilla Extract
1/3 cup of Granulated Sugar
1/3 cup of Brown Sugar
- Pre-heat your oven to 200 degrees celsius, line your muffin tray and set aside.
- Combine dry ingredients- flour, baking powder, salt and cinnamon and set aside
- Coat chocolate chips with some of the flour and set aside. Coating them ensures that they don’t sink to the bottom of your muffin.
- Beat wet ingredients together (eggs, melted butter, sugar, milk, sour cream) either by hand or using a mixer.
- Add dry ingredients to the bowl and mix together to combine.
- Scoop batter using a deep spoon and distribute evenly into the muffin tray. Spray the edges with cooking spray to avoid it sticking to the sides.
- Bake muffins for about 15 to 18 mins. Laura advises that at the 15min mark, stick a toothpick into one muffin, if it comes out clean with no wet batter on it then your muffins are ready, if not bake for another 3mins.
That’s it! You guys really should try this out; it makes the most delicious, melt-in-your-mouth muffins. Oh and by the way, the sour cream is Laura’s secret ingredient for moist muffins so be sure to include! Let me know how it goes if you do decide to give this a try.
Peace and Love,