I brought this up because one of my love languages is "Receiving Gifts" but before you nail me to the cross and crucify me for being "materialistic", hear me out. Gifts (both giving and receiving) for me is not so much the value of the item but the thought process behind them. I love to see that my partner thought about me and put in the work to find me something that makes me happy. Nothing says "love" more than that to me.
Now we all know that buying a gift in Nigeria can be a hassle. Think about all the birthdays and Valentine's days where you had to constantly rack your brain thinking of what to get beyond the TM Lewin Shirt and Cuff-Links…LOL! Worst! Our options are so limited that I have found myself wishing now and again that there was some sort of gift card system in Nigeria that allows the recipient just get whatever they want because honestly a bad gift can sometimes be a downer.
So imagine my joy when I heard about Sure Gifts- "an online gifting platform that hopes to stimulate the gifting culture in Nigeria with the introduction of Gift Cards". SureGifts.com.ng has revolutionised the gifting game in Nigeria because you no longer have to stress looking for gifts that you hope and pray the recipient likes. This is how it works:
- Go to SureGifts.com.ng
- Select a Gift Card redeemable at your chosen vendor OR a generic gift card redeemable at over 50 online and offline stores in Nigeria
- Load the card up to whatever value you choose (from N500)
- Add a personal message (text or even video) if you choose
- Select how you want the recipient to receive the gift card- Email, Phone or Print at Home
- Pay online using your Credit/Debit card, PayPal or Bank Transfer
And that's it, your gift is sorted! There is such a wide variety of merchants that the recipient can chose from it's really impressive! Some of my favourite Nigerian shops/restaurants/brands are on their list of merchants- Angelikas, Spar, Game, Beddings and Beyond, B-Hive, TerraKulture, Sweet Kiwi, Jumia, DealDey, BNatural Spa etc. The recipient can also choose to use the gift card to buy mobile recharge cards for all the major phone network providers in Nigeria.
As Christmas aka gifting season is around the corner, do yourself a favour, avoid the stress and get gift cards from SureGifts.com.ng for your loved ones, I know I will be doing the same! :)
Great News! The wonderful people at Sure Gifts have generously decided to give two readers a generic gift card worth N5000!
The rules to winning are really simple:
- Follow @shelovesthefinerthings and @suregifts_ng on Instagram
- Like ShelovesTheFinerThings and SureGiftsNg on Facebook
- Follow @SLTFT_Blog and @suregifts_ng on Twitter
- Leave a comment below stating what you would do with the Gift Card if you won!
That's all! The two best answers who have followed ALL the giveaway rules will be chosen as winners. This giveaway is only open for 3 days and the winners will be announced on my Instagram page on Tuesday, 20th October. Only entries sent in before midnight on Monday 19th October will be considered.